Morse® 285AM-HD Forklift-Karrier with Spark Resistant Parts to lift and pour a drum with the forklift. MORCINCHTM Drum Holder automatically adjusts for 22″ to 23.5″ (56 to 59.7 cm) diameter. Requires 25″ (63.5 cm) between forks. Capacity: 1500 Lb. (680 kg)
Available by RFQ Only. The listed price is a placeholder.
We need to contact Morse® for current pricing, shipping and delivery dates for this product so it is only available by RFQ.
In most cases we can provide a written quote within hours which will include an accurate ship date. This allows our customers to take into account delivery date when ordering.
We strive to provide accurate information on the availability of Morse equipment. Some of the factors that affect lead times are:
- Custom equipment and equipment made of special materials are typically built to order.
- Standard in-stock designs often require final assembly before shipment.
- Delays in components supplied by our vendors.
- Shop backlog at the time an order is placed.
Morse Forklift-Karriers convert your forklift into a safety-conscious drum handler to lift, move and pour a drum. Dispense a drum right from your forklift. You control drum tilting with a 20’ (6 m) long pull chain loop with a 10’ (3 m) drop. Turn drum 360° in either direction.
Quickly mount onto forks with no tools or modifications. Requires 25″ (63.5 cm) between the forks. Each fork pocket opening is 2.5″ (6.35 cm) high by 6.5″ (16.5 cm) wide.
We recommend the MORStoptm Tilt-Brake option to hold the drum tilt angle until you move it automatically. This prevents a partially full, unbalanced drum from turning out of control, even when the contents shift from one end to the other.
You can also order with Hand Crank or Hand Wheel option for use only within reach.
Modify fork truck nameplate information to reflect the capacity of fork truck with Morse attachment. Fork truck capacity can be substantially lower than the original rated capacity, as adding an attachment tends to move the center of gravity of the combined truck and load forward.
See Operator’s Manual for Center of Gravity Dimensions to Calculate Lost Load on Your Fork Truck
- Applicable OSHA Regulations regarding use of attachments with your forklift
- Converts your forklift into a safety-conscious drum handler
- Spark Resistant Parts for use in hazardous environments
- Requires 25″ (63.5 cm) between the forks
- Features MORCINCHTM Drum Handling System automatically cinches around 22″ to 23.5″ (56 to 59.7 cm) diameter drum
- Install correct MORCINCHTM Kit to handle a plastic or fiber drum
- Insert correct size Diameter Adapter for each smaller drum
- We recommend the MORStopTM Tilt-Brake Option to automatically lock and hold the drum tilt angle until the operator turns it
- 1500 Lb. (680 kg) Full drum
- 800 Lb. (363 kg) Half-full drum
- Half-full capacity is an indication of the capacity for tilting an unbalanced, bottom-heavy drum. A partially full drum with an unbalanced and shifting load is harder to tilt than a full drum.