Morse 285A Forklift-Karrier
Morse 285A Forklift-Karrier to lift and pour a drum with your forklift. MORCINCHtm Drum Holder automatically adjusts for 22″ to 23.5″ (56 to 59.7 cm) diameter drum. It Has a pull chain to turn the drum. Capacity: 800 Lb. (363 kg)
We strongly recommend our customers submit an RFQ rather than place an order on the website.
In most cases, we can provide a written quote within hours, including an accurate ship date allowing our customers to consider the delivery date when ordering.
We strive to provide accurate information on the availability of Morse equipment. Some of the factors that affect lead times are:
- Custom equipment and equipment made of select materials built to order
- Standard in-stock designs often require final assembly before shipment
- Delays in components supplied by our vendors
- Current shop backlog when placing the order
For a canceled order, McBrady-McMahon may deduct cancellation charges from any refunds.
Morse 285A Forklift-Karrier converts your forklift into a safety-conscious drum handler to lift, move and pour a drum. Dispense a drum right from your forklift. You control drum tilting with a 20’ (6 m) long pull chain loop with a 10’ (3 m) drop. Turn drum 360o in either direction.
Quickly mounts onto forks with no tools or modifications. Requires 25″ (63.5 cm) between the forks. Each fork pocket opening is 2.5″ (6.35 cm) high by 6.5″ (16.5 cm) wide.
We recommend the MORStop Tilt-Brake option to hold the drum tilt angle until you move it automatically to prevent an unbalanced drum from turning out of control, even when the contents shift from one end to the other.
You also order it with Hand Crank or Hand Wheel option for use only within reach.
Modify fork truck nameplate information to reflect the capacity of fork truck with Morse attachment. Fork truck capacity can be substantially lower than the original rated capacity, as adding an attachment tends to move the center of gravity of the combined truck and load forward.
See Operator’s Manual for Center of Gravity Dimensions to Calculate Lost Load on Your Fork Truck
Applicable OSHA Regulations regarding use of attachments with your forklift
- Morse® 285A Forklift-Karrier
- Converts your forklift into a safety-conscious drum handler
- Requires 25″ (63.5 cm) between the forks
- Features MORCINCHTM Drum Handling System automatically cinches around 22″ to 23.5″ (56 to 59.7 cm) diameter drum
- Install correct MORCINCHTM Kit to handle a plastic or fiber drum
- Insert correct size Diameter Adapter for each smaller drum
- We recommend the MORStopTM Tilt-Brake Option to automatically lock and hold the drum tilt angle until the operator turns it
- 800 Lb. (363 kg) Full drum
- 500 Lb. (227 kg) Half-full drum
- Half-full capacity is an indication of the capacity for tilting an unbalanced, bottom-heavy drum. A partially full drum with a shifting load is harder to tilt than a full drum.