Morse® 285A-BP Forklift-Karrier with Battery Power drum tilts to lift and pour a drum. MORCINCHTM Drum Holder automatically adjusts 22″ to 23.5″ (56 to 59.7 cm) diameter drum. It has a pull chain to turn the drum. Capacity: 1500 Lb. (680 kg).
We strongly recommend our customers submit an RFQ rather than place an order on the website.
In most cases, we can provide a written quote within hours, including an accurate ship date allowing our customers to consider the delivery date when ordering.
We strive to provide accurate information on the availability of Morse equipment. Some of the factors that affect lead times are:
- Custom equipment and equipment made of select materials built to order
- Standard in-stock designs often require final assembly before shipment
- Delays in components supplied by our vendors
- Current shop backlog when placing the order
For a canceled order, McBrady-McMahon may deduct cancellation charges from any refunds.
Morse® 285A-BP Forklift-Karrier
Modify fork truck nameplate information to reflect the capacity of fork truck with Morse attachment. Fork truck capacity can be substantially lower than the original rated capacity, as adding an attachment tends to move the center of gravity of the combined truck and load forward.
See Operator’s Manual for Center of Gravity Dimensions to Calculate Lost Load on Your Fork Truck
Applicable OSHA Regulations regarding use of attachments with your forklift
- Morse® 285A-BP Forklift-Karrier
- Forklift Drum handler with Battery Power Drum Tilt Control
- Slide onto forks requires 25″ (63.5 cm) between the forks
- Control drum tilting 180o forward and back
- 2-Button control pendant reaches back to forklift operator
- Features MORCINCHTM Drum Handling System automatically cinches around 22″ to 23.5″ (56 to 59.7 cm) diameter drum
- Install correct MORCINCHTM Kit to handle a plastic or fiber drum
- Insert correct size Diameter Adapter for each smaller drum
- 1500 Lb. (680 kg) Full drum
- 800 Lb. (363 kg) Half-full drum
- Half-full capacity is an indication of the capacity for tilting an unbalanced, bottom-heavy drum. A partially full drum with an unstable and shifting load is more challenging to tilt than a full drum.
- 4556-P Kit: Bracket to prevent plastic or fiber drum from slipping length-ways
- 4560-P MORCINCH Kit: Top Rim Clamp to prevent a RIMMED 55-gallon (210 liters) plastic drum from slipping length-ways
- 55/30-19 Diameter Adapter for 18.5″ to 19″ (47 to 48.3 cm) diameter drum. IMPORTANT: Measure outside diameter half-way down drum, where the adapter will engage
- 5115I-P OPTION: Factory Installed 2″ x 3′ (5 x 91 cm) Web Strap and Ratchet on NEW MORCINCH Drum Holder. This option replaces a cinch chain around the drum. NOT for the spark-resistant model.